Monday, April 20, 2015

April Fiber Club

New shipment from the Fiber Club! Warm tones and interesting fibers almost all around.

 For some reason, bags were not labeled this month, but with some help from the other spinners on Ravelry, I think the above fiber is some rose that I was sent. Yep, rose. Apparently you can make yarn out of flower. Who knew?
Below, I think is the cotton, if not then reverse the order, but same fibers. I'm even taking the cotton and joining a cotton spinning challenge put on by Jennifer of Expertly Dyed. This will certainly help me get the wedding blanket done on time! But it should be fun to try a new kind of fiber.

 Here we have some amazing red mohair and gold wool. These are going to go together in a thin (we'll see how thin I can get it- there are rumors about mohair) worsted yarn with each fiber spun on its own and plied together. As you can see, I already started the gold, and I can't wait for this to be a fiery shawl just perfect for fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment