Friday, July 3, 2015

TdF2015 Before Inventory




Tour de Fleece starts in, well 65 minutes, but I'm not that dedicated, so it'll wait until I get up tomorrow. But before the spinning starts, I had to go through and see what I had to work with and just how much of it there was. So the rest of this is just going to be photos and captions. We'll see how it changes by the end of the tour.

I've got two nice sets of flax. That might not get much attention this time.

Here's my silk collection. I've already got some of the black done on a drop spindle. I would like to get through a bit more of that.

Some angelina, someday it will get blended into something, maybe if I spin for the Celestarium.
Yak! Two colors, to be spun with other things. It's going pretty well on the spindle.

Camel and cashmere! The cashmere is the whiter fiber on the right. It's going to be spun and then plied with the lighter yak.

My own dying of the Border Leicester/Cotswold from my friends. I have 21 birds' nests of the blue green.

Two different sets of natural BFL.
Various other wools including Shetland, Romney, Corridale, Polsworth, and Wensleydale.

Alpaca, from the same purchase. I just didn't get around to dying all of it.

Mohairs

An abundance of Merinos
Random and brightly colored wools

Merino blended with flax, yak, alpaca/silk, and silk respectively.

Merino/silk and Polsworth/silk to be plied together

Blended and unblended Siberian Husky


































































































Cotton and rose

No comments:

Post a Comment