Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Important Decision...

I recently (ish) got a part time job in the education department at a local science museum...with a planetarium (10 points to anyone who can guess where I'm going with this...).

The other day I was at work, and it has been crazy rainy here lately. Just about everyday we have been getting some kind of rain. Usually it has been overnight which works out great because the plants get watered, but then the day is cooler and sunny. However this day was cold. Seriously, it was 57 degrees outside.

Now I'm not sure how it happened, since the gallery floor doesn't have any windows, but the lack of sun made it incredibly cold inside (probably something to do with the lack of heat absorption through the brick walls...). Everyone else had sweaters, and there were even a few with shawls, but not me. (If you've guessed it this is where you get to 10 points)

It's been in my cart on Ravelry for a while, and I've even speculated about spinning some alpaca for it in the past, but that never happened. Well now it's time (after I finish my current sweater, a going away present, and my Christmas knitting list that is).

Celestarium, I have to. I think I might get fired if I don't (well not really, but I have to tell my DH something right?).

It is so pretty, and very applicable! So now the question is, do I buy yarn or spin my own? It calls for about 1200 yards of fingering weight yarn. My default yarn is about a DK 2 ply, though I don't mind the shawl being a bit bigger than suggested. I have been having some great luck with blending on my combs, which is a post for another day- I'll try to get it in before the TDF. Which is coming up so quickly, and I do need to spin for it...though I would need to prep a whole different batch of fiber, but that can be done.

Well, the TDF is coming up quickly, but as you can see, I have plenty of knitting to do before I'm ready to get started on this, so let me know what you think. I'm seen some gorgeous yarns that are just asking for a few stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment