Thursday, February 13, 2014

Home Stretch

I'm almost there. I have knit my 16 inches of stockinette with various increases and decreases. I have been working from the bottom up on this cardigan, and I am ready to make add stitches for some sleeves. If I really wanted to, I'm sure I could figure out what the pattern says on my own, but since I have such a lovely group of knitters to talk to on Friday, I am waiting until then to take this next step.

In the mean time...well it's snowing again, and there is work, and children (if I haven't mentioned it already I am in a homeschooling co-op with my neighbor which means that after I get off of work at 11 or so, I get an hour with my daughter, and then her two girls-6 and 4- come over and we do the afternoon section of school until 3 or 4), and a house to clean. Normal life.



But also, my Brother-In-Law, who is in the Army, and also a big WWII reenacter (apparently that's not a word, or at least not on Google?) has asked for a vintage WWII style sweater vest. So now comes the lovely search for the right green. I have found a few things, but only online, and colors are always a bit if-y on a screen. Yesterday, I went to a LYS to look for some of the yarns we had found online since I knew they carried the yarn. Alas, they did not have the colors I was looking for. I did find another yarn that was a decent color, but I have yet to get that approved by the B-I-L.



In the process, my daughter found some lovely variegated pink and white Ella Rae. She decreed that this was to become a scarf. By the end of the day... She is letting me use size 10.5 needles. I think it's because they are blue.



I have been working on the birds' nests. I did finish a medium sized one, but that has been confiscated for the two baby birds that we are getting from somewhere, at some point (?). My daughter gets attached to things. I am almost two inches into another small nest. So that should be finished by tomorrow night, unless I actually do finish the scarf.



Sorry for the lack of pictures lately. My phone, computer, and camera are not getting along lately. Hopefully that will be fixed soon... Until then I will do my best to get a couple of pictures up of my cardi and the birds' nests, but it might take a few days and be a separate post.



It seems like this is a busy time of year. Hopefully things are going well for everyone out there! Until next time, I'll keep working, hope that you do the same, and please let me know if you are aware of any good army green worsted yarns!

No comments:

Post a Comment