Friday, February 7, 2014

Knitting for the Birds: Charity Project

My weekly knitting group is starting up a charity project that is just so cute and fast that everybody should hear about it. It's called "Knitting is for the (baby) Birds" and involves knitting very quick and easy little bird nests. It is hosted, I guess that is the term, by The Bird Rescue Center of Sonoma County, CA.

Here is a shot of one that was done last year.
Senor Birdnest
Senor Birdnest

 This, I would imagine, is a large size. I haven't knit the pattern before, but apparently, they are super quick and very easy. The pattern only requires knitting, purling, knitting to together, and working on double pointed needles. It isn't a brand new beginning project, but it could be good for anyone who has a few projects under their belt and a desire to help some orphaned birds.

Here are two different patterns:

It's a good cause that I had to share with you. Hopefully, next week I'll have the time and energy to fill you all in on my Kaleidoscope sweater, my new skein of hand-spun (spoiler- it was chain plied!), and my new commission/request from my brother-in-law, and possibly a few more shots of the bird nests. I hope your projects are going just as well for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment