Monday, March 17, 2014

African Bee Eater

There is a bird called the African Bee Eater. It has plumage ranging through the teals and oranges. This is my attempt to recreate those colors.
 
 
So my attempt was not entirely successful, but I do like the colors I ended up with. I had tried to allow the colors to wick up the yarn, but that didn't work out so well.

 I had tested the colors with a t-shirt using this method and got some great results, but the yarn just didn't take up the color the way I wanted it to. It was also dry; I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.
 
In the end I pulled the yarn out and used the regular syringe method of yarn painting, and I am quite pleased with the result.
 
It was only a mini skein, so I am using it to make some accessories for my daughter and maybe her toys. I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment