Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Saga Begins...Moscow Coat


Well I finally fell to the siren of the Moscow Coat. It will be a long, and at times tedious journey- it's mostly just stockinette stitch worked flat-but it should be great when done.

I'm still looking for some additional yarn for it. I needed four skeins of Cascade Eco. I choose Ebony, but could only get three skeins at the time. This project also uses two different yarns and the secondary yarn was dyed black, while the Eco yarn is an undyed black, leaving a brown cast. So I either need to find a matching thicker yarn, or decide on a contrasting yarn for the belt and collar. Though, I might be able to use the Eco by holding two strands together. We'll see how it all comes together.

I promise there will be more spinning soon, but right now, I have a lot of knitting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment