Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 2, 2 Skeins

Here's what I have to show at the end of Day 2...

The picture is a bit bigger than usual to ensure that the color shows. This was very vibrant fiber, but it contained strips of color running the length of the fiber, and it was VERY difficult to keep any of the colors separated, in addition to the white silk running through. I think I did better on the bottom skein.

I had planned on chain plying this, but I think I am going to stash it for a while and combine it with some other darker merino/silk blends I have for a very soft, if a bit scrappy, shawl at some point in the future.


This is what I was planning on combining it with. I got it at that fiber festival last year. It is spun, but apparently I don't have any finished photos of the yarn.

 
Here are the three fibers together. Looking at them together, I might change my mind. The festival fiber has great long jewel tone color sections, and today's is much more mottled. I was going to use the black and white and a buffer. It would certainly be scrappy... but I don't really know what else I would do with these yarns otherwise. It gives me 12 ounces with them all, and I have it in I would say roughly lace weight singles, but I haven't figured the WPI's.
 
Looking at it more, the festival fiber does bring out a lot of the colors in the new yarn...
I guess I have time to think about it as I certainly don't have time for a new knitting project between the TDF, the mitts that I am still trying to finish before the fair, and the Moscow Coat that I am making some progress on. Tiny has also requested a sweater for the fall, and I have been dying some merino for a pair of convertible mittens for a friend for Christmas. Yeah, I guess I have some time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment