Thursday, June 11, 2015

Meso-project Blah

Well...the blanket's done. Now I just have to find something else to do.

 The problem is I have specific yarn I want to use and now I need to find the right project for the yarn.

The additional problem is that it's 800+ yards of a sport weight suited for lace, but it's dark and highly variegated...and I had it in the fair last year and want to enter it this year to take advantage of the "Second Time Around" category...

Also, it turns out that I'm not very good at lace. Though lace is really the only option for this yarn as it is far to dark to work any cables or knit/purl texture. So I guess I need to get better at lace...I've started, I think, 5 different projects, and none of them have been working so there has been a lot of frogging going on here lately.

BLAH

On the bright side, when I get really frustrated, I just pull out my giant stock pot and wash and dye wool, so I have about 3 pounds ready to get combed now. I've been doing a bit of blending and that has been working out very nicely, but that's a topic for another day...  

No comments:

Post a Comment