Monday, June 22, 2015

TDF Swap!

It's getting to be Tour de Fleece time again! This year I'm on the Paradise Fiber team, Team DIY & Dye, and the official Climbers team for those challenging themselves.

Team DIY & Dye is a team for those who start with fleeces and end with colored yarn, a perfect fir for all of my Bella Wool that I still have (shifty eyes...) In addition to the general TDF posting, this team also did a pre-tour swap that I got to be a part of.

As luck would have it, my swap partner and I live within driving distance of each other so we decided to meet instead of shipping our packages, and we had a great time.

I was so fortunate to be paired with her! She is an extremely talented crafter. She made me some HP themed stitch markers, a shawl pin, and a felted bowl. She also included various amount of "chiengora" (dog fur)- some blended, some not.

Enough words, how about some pictures!
 Here's the bulk of it. There are a few things that the individual pictures aren't loading right now, so tucked away in there are two different packages of flax and a great HP mug with amazing teas and hot chocolates, I can't wait!
 HP awesomeness! My great swapper saw that I'm in the HP KC HC and got me a bunch of HP items including two boxes of Every Flavor Beans, Jelly Slugs, and some hand made stitch markers. Yep, she made those! We're got Tom Riddle's diary, complete with individual pages inside, some butter beer, a snitch, and everybody's favorite anthropomorphic clothing!



 Here come the pooches. We've got a couple bags of straight dog down, as well as some blended with some Wensleydale! I can't wait to give it a try!




Sorry that it's sideways, but she shows her awesome talent once again. Yeah, she made this amazing shawl pin as well! All that can be said is wow!





Here is a lovely hand felted bowl, that she crocheted, out of her own hand spun yarn. No she didn't raise or sheer the sheep herself, but that's about her limit...she does have turkeys though...





So that was my amazing swap so far, she also included a little box to open on the first day of the tour, I can't wait to see what's in there! Wooly people are just the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment