Friday, July 5, 2013

Fighting Second Sock Syndrome

I spent all day working on that second sock...I got two more cables done, so 16 rows. All day I kept wanting to cast on something new.

About a year ago I got some gorgeous Malabrigo Silky Merino in dill, redwood bark, and teal feather. I've wanted to work it into an entrelac shawl/scarf for a while,but I only get the urge to work it in the middle of other projects. It will be so pretty and soft when it finally gets done, but it'll be a while.

It doesn't help that I got my yarn for Craftsy's Mystery Knit-along on Monday: Cascade Heritage in Como Blue. Stefanie Japel is teaching the workshop with a shawl pattern she calls Blue Angel. It is a fairly straight forward shawl with a lace panel in the back. I couldn't quit resist working on it and am about 16 rows into it.
So the question is, do I push through and keep going on the second sock, even though I keep thinking about other projects and my progress is slow, or indulge my yarn lust and hope it will motivate me to keep working the socks?

I'll think and knit over this problem for a few days and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment