Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WIP as of 7-23-13

Here are some updates on the many things I am knitting at the moment, or at least trying to...


 Here are my current projects. The green is some of my hand spun Cotswold. I am going to have three other skeins in three other colors and make it all into a market bag that I am going to felt slightly, since I felted it a bit in dyeing anyway.

The purple is some acrylic sock yarn from Michael's. I got it to learn socks. I did figure out the process with my first sock, Made the brown socks for my friend, and am now once again fighting SSS, or Second Sock Syndrome. I really need to learn a two at a time method, I think I just need longer circular needles for that.

The blue is the beginning of a lace shawl from Craftsy's July Mystery Knit Along. Good  thing I didn't sign up for the August Knit Along too. It's a triangle, center panel, triangle shawl, and other than slowly it is going well. The yarn is Cascade Heritage, another sock yarn, but a beautiful color.

This is really my first attempt at lace work, but it's been great. At the end of June, I was trying to come up with a lace pattern for something I had in my head (details to come once it's all worked out), but I had no idea how to do the lace. After just the three or so repeats I have done, I now have a pattern chart sketched. I can't promise that it will work, but it's a heck of a lot farther than I was before.

Now for some frogging shame...
 These are some projects that I started, but haven't felt inclined to work on in a while. There is a double knit scarf with the digits of pi, a basket weave scarf for my DH, and a modern log cabin afghan- which has a loooong way to go.
The pi scarf has 20 digits after decimal, and I think I will be going another 25 or maybe 30. The nice, or lazy, part of a pi scarf is that if you don't get it done by March 14th, you have an entire year to finish it, right? Anyway, I'm making it out of Caron Simply Soft.
The afghan is also Simply Soft, but there will need to be much more of it. That current section, which needs a few more inches to be a 24 inch square and the beginning section of the cabin is already into its second skein. This is going to be crazy if it ever gets finished. A skein of Simply Soft is 6 ounces and over 300 yards. I am going to work it in three colors and I had originally bought two of each, but clearly I will need much more. It's a good thing that Simply Soft doesn't have dye lots.
Here is the basket weave for my husband. It's going well and it interesting enough, but for some reason it just takes me forever to knit for him. I have made him one other scarf and some fingerless gloves to wear while he games. Now the gloves took a few hours each, but the other scarf, in a tumbling block pattern "took" a couple of years to finish. I started this on around December, so I have a few months left before he needs it.

That's what I'm working on. I'd love to see what you have on your needles, hooks, machine, spindle, wheel, or any other crafting tools. Please post a link to your projects, I'd love to see your creativity in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment