Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Day Plying

My daughter took this picture while I plied.
 I have been working on the Bella Wool to get enough for the hats. I've made a bit of a dent and I think I have enough for one of the hats...I hope. I need to start swatching to see what the gauge is going to end up being.

While I was spinning the natural Wool, I noticed that either this sheep was dirtier than I thought, or I am not very good at cleaning wool. I am fully prepared to take the blame on this one, as I just kind of did it without any real instruction, but I am keeping a spot open for overly dirty sheep (there is a great deal of vegetable matter in the wool).
All the Barber Poled Bella Wool skeined together.
Anyway, the result is that all of this wool is going to need to be dyed. Since one of the girls is pretty bold, I felt comfortable going a bit crazy with the dying for the yarn to accompany the Raspberry Lemonaide.
I had some of the yellow left, decided that I should try dying with the blue I had and combined that with the yellow. It was nice as it was a light Sky Blue, but then I had blue left.
Since I had yellow and red, and yellow and blue, the reasonable thing to do seemed to be blue and red, so I dumped the new yarn I had spun into a pot of the Black Cherry. Wow, I guess I had a lot less fiber this time, or just alot more color, but it came of much much darker.
In the end, the results aren't so bad. I like the effect I got from skeining the three color ways together and I think that is how I will knit it, with the yellow/pink, yellow/blue, blue/red, yellow/blue, yellow/pink. After all who doesn't love palindromes, even those made from colors?






No comments:

Post a Comment