Friday, October 18, 2013

New Obsessions

So I have two new obsessions. I found two patterns that I am really excited about. Here are the pictures...



Here is Kaleidoscope by Sarah Sutherland. I tried to buy yarn for this, but (un)fortunately I got lace weight instead of sock weight. I picked this pattern as a first sweater for myself. It looks pretty basic, but still contains a few good style elements, like buttons and shaping. The obsession part comes in with the yarn mix up.

I finally got brave enough to try spinning my alpaca fiber, and decided to try spinning for this project. Wow, I'm only about 1/2 an ounce in and it is definitely making me take a closer look at my spinning. Hopefully I will get enough yardage out of the 8 ounces for this...







This is Moscow Coat by Blue Sky Alpaca. I don't think there is much need to explain my obsession here. This coat is amazing.

The issue is that, as you can see, the coat is very long, and the suggested yarn is over $20 a skein. Not quite in my budget. So now I am looking around for substitute yarn, hoping to find something that will be comfortable, warm enough for Upstate New York winters, and strong enough to last for many many years. The whole coat is done in bulky weight yarn, so let me know if you have any suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment