Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Yay Consistency

Sorry I have been a bit lax on posting, we're moving at the end of the month and have been a bit busy preparing...

Not anything major to report. I just have to brag a bit. When I got my Prelude, Paradise Fibers included $40 of free fiber. Part of my order was 8 ounces of Jacob wool. I spun the first 4 ounces the week I got my wheel, back in September, and the second 4 ounces over the weekend.

I had the idea that I would then order enough to spin for a coat. Then I went searching for patterns and got a new obsession that I will share later. Anyway, once I was done plying, I was wrapping my new yarn on my Niddy Noddy and I started to wonder how much yarn I had gotten on my first skein. So while the new one was soaking, I got my other skein and counted the wraps, and...

Both were 165 yards! I was so proud of myself, and still am. Kind of wished I could get more than 165 yards out of 4 ounces, but at least I did the same thing on both skeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment