Monday, December 23, 2013

Steeking success...I think

So I finished my daughter's mittens. It was a bit odd and a bit nerve wracking to try the steeking, but I think it worked out alright.
I crocheted around the stitches that needed to be cut. That was interesting. I was using the same yarn so it was hard to see where I was working, I was working from the inside of the mitten, and since I'm not a crocheter I had to use a size E hook with mittens that had been knit on size 1 needles.
The cutting went fine, though I did have a raw end pop out while I was picking up for the thumb.
Overall, well we'll have to see once she wears them a bit, but I think it went ok. It certainly gives me more security to try steeking on other projects.
I know it's hard to see, but there really is some crochet on there too. You can at least see the ends up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment