Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year in review

Settle in because this is going to be long, but hopefully full of pictures...

It's the end of a year. I don't really know what all I finished before I started this blog in June, but I think it was mostly quilting things. I thought I would take this time to look at all the things I have accomplished (with fiber) this year.
First spindle, first Merino, very thick, but still soft

First attempt at dying with food coloring

First completed skein

Then there was the time I tried processing that raw fleece...

Socks for a friend

More of the giant spindle

Hand spun and hand dyed

New fiber, new spindle

Much finer yarn

Dying before combing

Finished skein

Yes it did get finished!

First pair of socks, first lace, first shawl, and first real skein of hand spun

Results of that dying project

The shawl is finished!

The results if a pound of Cotswald, a student spindle, and some food coloring.




Once it got processed, it came out nicely.

Plying

Novelty Plying

So many colors!

The hat got finished anyway...and a matching bag

I got a wheel!!!

Fiber Festival

Fiber Festival returns

Attempts at novelty plying and new dying techniques

Hand processed, spun, and dyed

Phone Cozy from the Festival

Mittens for Tiny, yes they got finished!
New York Fiber

I Spy a finished scarf at at least one mitten

400 yards of singles

New shelf for the future space

And to top it all off, something new, 311 yards of BFL, with about 9 ounces still in the fiber stash!
These aren't even all the things I've done. I also completed that Fair Isle Bag, another lace shawl, a long sleeved shrug, and a few other little things I am sure. I'll see if I can get pictures up today sometime.

Overall, I think it has been a very productive and educational year. I have grown so much as a knitter, trying all sorts of new projects and techniques. I started from scratch with spinning, and now am making decent sock weight yarn. I've learned about sheep from the Festival and The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook. It's been a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment