Monday, December 2, 2013

So close

I'm in the final stretch for one of my projects from the Malabrigo Book 4, the Abalorio circular shawl.
It's the lovely end point, where even though the final 8 rows have 576 stitches, I have been knitting like crazy. There is a knitting group I go to on Friday night, and last Friday, I had 9 rows left, the final increase -taking it to 576 stitches- with another 8 rows and the bind off.
Since then, in addition to painting my daughters room, I am currently on the last row.

It's that crazy end of project enthusiasm. I've been working on a scarf for my husband for almost a year, really I started it last January, or maybe even January 2012? If I spent the amount of time knitting on that as I have this shawl, it'd be done in another three days. I mean the scarf is 24 stitches wide, so if I did only 576 stitches a day that would be 24 rows a day, which would amount to almost 5 inches. But I'm in the middle of it, and I don't have the motivation.

Well, I will be finishing the shawl tonight (sorry, no pic yet, it's a Christmas present for a friend), then I have a pair of mittens to make for my daughter, and then I WILL work on my husband's scarf. I should be able to get it done by Christmas... I hope. I've decided that I'm not going to buy any new yarn until January. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment