Thursday, November 14, 2013

New House= New Craft Space

So we moved back to New York after a year in Virginia and moved back into our three bedroom raised ranch house, so it's not exactly new, but it has double the square footage that our apartment in VA had, so that means I get my own crafting space.

I'm going to be moving into the third bedroom with a cutting table, sewing desk, and my spinning wheel. This does leave room for our current futon (and hopefully a sleeper sofa eventually).

It's going to be a while until I can get fully moved into it because my husband's computer is in there currently and has to get moved downstairs first, and that's a whole different conversation.

BUT we are moving in the right direction. My husband put up a shelf with all my crafting books and some of my handspun yarn. :)

The fiber will not be staying there, but I got caught up in the moment and had to put it somewhere. I've got knitting/spinning on the left, quilting on the right, and a mix of magazines in the black holder in the middle.

There will be another shelf on the other side of the room, with a peg board in the middle to hang yarn cakes on, as seen on Pinterest.

It's going to be a process, a long one, but we're on the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment