Saturday, November 23, 2013

Up and Spinning

Despite everything, I have been able to get my spinning wheel put back together, and I've even spun the orange long wool blend that I got at Trumpet Hill.

It was great fiber for a re-introduction. Everything spun so nicely, at least compared to how I had been spinning before the move. I'm still getting a bit of a "thick 'n thin" look in places, but overall, I got over 200 yards of 2-ply that is mostly a fingering weight out of 4 ounces. I figure that is plenty to make some mittens for my four year old this winter so I'm happy. Now I just need to finish a project or two so I can have time to knit (house drama will hopefully be over by the end of next week, then it's just back to cleaning and organizing, "pre-school" for the Little One, and trying to find a part-time job so I can continue to afford the nice yarns!)

I know I planned on plying with the Merino Nube, but man is that stuff tricky. I just can't get the right amount of twist, it either just falls apart from too little or seems to be going well and then snaps. It's going to take more time and patience than I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment