Monday, November 11, 2013

The Stash is Growing, and WIPs are increasing...

So I still haven't gotten my wheel up and spinning yet, but thanks to my M-I-L and my own shopping, I have two pounds of new fiber! She got me 8 ounces of white alpaca, 4 ounces of Malabrigo nube, and a full pound of BFL! I also got 4 ounces of bright orange Corridale mix fiber from the LYS. So far the plan is to ply the orange and nube together and make some mittens for the little one.
:-D

I've started the Kaleidoscope pattern. I'm only about 12 rows in, but things are going well.

I am also working on the Abalorio shawl from Malabrigo Book 4. I'm not using Malabrigo lace yarn, and well, not all lace is the same. I am using Cascade Alpaca Paints Lace instead, and the gauge is, well, loose to say the least. It's not a huge deal, and still looks nice, but it does make for a less recognizable pattern. It is also looking pretty small. I am only about half-way through and working on 200+ stitches, so we'll see how it comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment