Monday, November 25, 2013

To Dye or Not To Dye

So I'm back to spinning my lovely silver/grey alpaca for the Kaleidoscope Cardi. The question is, do I leave it the natural silver color, or dye it? The natural color is quite lovely and does have a bit of a sheen to it, but there is always the infinite allure of dying.
Wheel set in the living room with alpaca in progress.

On the bobbin and some knitting au natural.
Keep in mind I have no idea what color I would dye it, and the silver/grey/flecks of black and brown would go well with just about anything I could wear.
Also, my fantastic M-I-L got me some really nice white alpaca, and I know her intentions are for me to dye it.
Plus dying the silver would mean another step.
But I want to hear what anyone out there has to say, although I can't promise to bind my self to any results.

No comments:

Post a Comment