Monday, January 6, 2014

500+ Yards


I've spun 8 ounces of the 16 that my mother-in-law bought me of BFL. I have over 500 yards of a roughly sock weight yarn. This is a nice change, although my weight isn't changing too drastically, I am getting more yardage out of my fiber, hopefully that means when I knit with it it will be more consistent too.

I've said before I don't like pre-drafting, but I do like  pulling off the vertical sections. The result was some nice color match-ups while plying. Sure there were sections of barber poles, but there were also some decent sections where everything was all one color. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was fractal spinning, but I am excited to see how it knits.

Also, I love this colorway! I liked it as fiber when it was blue, green and brown, but now that it's spun it just kind of blends to an all over teal with brown accents. Again we'll have to see how it knits, but in the skein this yarn is gorgeous!

I still have 8 ounces to go, and I'm hoping I can get similar yardage. I had planned to do my Enrejado with this yarn, so we'll see how it all works out. I'm sure I can be short one repeat or something if I'm a bit short on the yardage. If anyone out there has made this pattern, let me know if you've used all 1050 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment