Monday, January 13, 2014

Progress and new Goals

I've been working on my Kaleidoscope Cardi for about 12-15 hours and I am almost ready for some increases. I tweaked the pattern a bit, starting one size up at the hips and moving to my regular size by the waist. I had to do some math to accommodate the  additional decreases, but it did help make those 8 inches go by a bit faster.

My yarn is working out really well. I am using my own hand spun alpaca for this project and I really like the way it is coming together. The weight is nice, though I can tell the difference between different skeins, but it's one of the differences you can only see if your face is less than 6 inches from the fabric (and nobody over 6 years old should be that close to my hips or waist). I figure it all works out and will be quite nice when it's done.

This pattern was made for amazingly dyed yarn, which I've mentioned before, but I really like it in my natural yarn. It makes it much easier to see the actual yarn, which given how long I've been spinning, and the results I have been getting, I quite like.

So that's my update on the Cardi.

I've been watching "Spinning Hand Dyed Fiber" on Craftsy, and I have a few new goals:
  1. Mixing colorways
  2. Spinning from the fold
  3. Gradiated spinning (I don't know if it has an actual name, but I want to take a colorway and make a continuous colorway that goes evenly from one color to another instead of multiple sections of colors)
I think that's all for now, and the mixing of colorways certainly gives me plenty to work with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment