Monday, January 20, 2014

Size 7

It seems as though lately I have the uncanny ability to gravitate towards patterns that are knit almost exclusively on size 7 needles. Here's a list:
  1. Kaleidoscope Cardi
  2. Moscow Coat
  3. Alcazar Sweater from Malabrigo Book 4
There are more, but as this list accounts for about 4000+ yards of yarn, I think that is a sufficient point.

At first, I just took this as a sign that I needed more size 7 needles, but then I took it as inspiration to make sure I actually finish projects.

At the moment I am working on the chest increases for Kaleidoscope, but what may not be known (I don't remember if I wrote about it already) is that I have the yarn for my Moscow Coat, and as it has been recently and will be in the single digits again soon, knitting a giant wool coat sounds like a pretty good idea.

But where would that leave Kaleidoscope, my lovely, hand spun, undyed, alpaca, sweater? Sitting in a bag somewhere. I think that is far too cruel a fate for  any of the above mentioned projects.

So for the time being, I am still knitting inch after inch on Kaleidoscope, and my Moscow yarn is sitting on my dresser, the skeins too big to fit in my current stash (I'm subbing Cascade Ecological wool, the ones that are over 400 yards of chunky yarn in a skein). I see them every day as I go through my room, and hopefully the thought of them sitting there lonely and unused, will help me keep knitting all those rows of stockinette stitch when I am so tired at night after work and homeschooling, trying to finish a project just so I can start a new one...

Don't even get me started on the reality that I have to finish spinning the yarn for Kaleidoscope first.

No comments:

Post a Comment