Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm Free!!!!



Slytherin is done! It looks great, and it was certainly not a difficult project, but boy did it take a while. I'm quite proud of it and it is even quite warm, and I wouldn't mind keeping it (or possibly making another such scarf in the future--- did I really say that). Overall it was a great project, but you know how those long ones are when you're in the middle of them.

The graph really did help. It was nice to have a specific goal of 20 rows a day. It was enough to see progress, but not feel like I had to devote my whole life to the scarf, though it did take about an hour and a half to knit 20 rows, but really what else am I going to do while watching TV after I put my daughter to bed? I might as well eat and keep my fingers too busy for snacking.


Final Graph

Of course now I see that had I been knitting like this the whole time, I would have finished the whole things in like three weeks, but wow that's a lot of knitting in three weeks. Though definitely something I should keep in mind for the fall when I embark on the Dr. Who scarf...

If anyone is interested in the pattern, I used Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage (Main Color) and Light Gray (Contrasting Color) on 16" circular size 7's. I just cast on until I could knit comfortably, it ended up being about 95 stitches or so...
Then I knit 36 rows in MC, 4 in CC, 12 in MC, and 4 in CC. I repeated this 6 times and then added in another 36 rows in the MC.
For the fringe, I threaded a strand of yarn through each stitch, then tied off three, switched colors and repeated.

It was a very simple and easy scarf to knit, it was just a bit large, but I'm quite proud of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment