Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Poor Wheel is Neglected No Longer!

My BFL is finished!  There's quite a bit of thick and thin, but overall it's pretty good. Certainly not my best, but it's spun, plied, and washed. It's a nice fractal yarn, we'll see how it knits up.


So now I get to wait until after the fair to start knitting it. So that will take a while. But it's nice to have the yarn done.

Then I spun up the white, pink, and purple merino. I was in a spinning groove and just decided to keep going.



Here is my daughter's first wool yarn... no wait, I made her some orange Longwood yarn last winter and made those mittens. Oh well. This is a merino/silk blend with SPARKLES!!!! Very exciting when you're 5. It looks really nice and mixed in the skein, but it'll make an interesting scarf for her. It'll be white on one side and pink/purple on the other. The little one wants a Hello Kitty scarf out of it. Not entirely sure how that is going to work, unless the colors are enough for her. We'll see.

I guess I need to put my wheel off to the side for a while now and save my fiber for the TDF!

No comments:

Post a Comment