Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tour De Fleece

A bit early for massive prep, but I have signed up for Revelry's Tour De Fleece in the Rookie Group! It'll be a challenge to have make time every day to spin, but I think I can do it. Here's what I currently have in the stash.



Here is some Merino/Silk that I got from a friend that no longer wants to spin. It's just over 6 ounces. I'm thinking Chain Plied; I am planning to Chain Ply a few of the braids I have, but I enjoy the process. 



This is 4.5 ounces of Shetland. I am doing some traveling during the Tour, and I think I will bring this one with me and spin it with my drop spindle. We'll see if it stays a single or gets plied.



I've got some pencil roving of merino, silk, nylon, and silverpoly. My daughter has already called the yarn for a scarf.



More vast quantities of alpaca in my life. I've got a pound. I think I am going to try to maximize length here. I've got a few big shawls that I want to make.




Another 4 ounces of pencil roving. I already mentioned in the Fiber Club post that I am thinking about trying a chunkier yarn with this.



More chain plying for this one!



Another 3 ounces of alpaca. It might get added into the other alpaca or saved for it's own project. I guess we'll see how much yardage I get out of my pound.




So that's the run down on my current fiber. I think it adds up to about 30 ounces. I will be getting another two packages from the Fiber Club before the Tour starts, or at least by the end of the first week.
I'm excited to see what kind of yarn I'll be making at the end of this. 20 days of consecutive spinning should really help!

No comments:

Post a Comment