Monday, June 9, 2014

The Fiber Club Strikes Again!

 
I got my new shipment from the fiber club and wow, this stuff looks great! In addition to 12 ounces of fiber, they even sent me this great little Lantern Moon project bag!

Here's the first fiber. Mountain Colors 100% Targhee wool in the Sweet Current color way (sorry the photos are a bit dark today...). It's a beautiful combo of blues and purples. A friend of mine has used it before and he loves it. I can't wait to try it. I might have to start it even before the TDF!

Another great Ashland Bay Merino/Tussah blend. This one is 80/20 with dyed silk. It is so soft, just like all their blends, and I'm sure it will be beautiful when spun!

Last, but not least, is some amazing new Gotland wool, again by Ashland Bay. Here's what they have to say about it, "Ashland Bay Grey Gotland top is a lustrously beautiful silver grey color top. Traditionally a dual purpose sheep, this fiber was established by the Vikings by crossing Karakul, Ramnov, and native Swedish sheep. These three blends created the Gotland sheep with a surprisingly long staple length of 6.5 inches." 
 
 
So there we go, that is the run down for the month. Recap, a new project bag in a GREAT color, two new wool breeds to try, a GORGEOUS new color way, and more Merino/Tussah- seriously who has enough of that in their stash? I am so excited to see what can be done with these fibers. I'm even thinking about a bit of novelty spinning...

No comments:

Post a Comment