Monday, June 16, 2014

Tapiz Mitts

 
Well here's the first one. I actually finished it quite a while ago, but since I am now picking up the second one, now seems like as good a time as any to put up some pics.
 
I changed the pattern, as you can see. There was a goof on the needle sizes. It was designed for size 2 needles, but the day I started I grabbed size 1's and just stuck with them. They fit pretty well around, but they weren't going to end up long enough, so that led to some thinking. I could add in rows, and finish the pattern as mittens and possibly wear them for three months a year, or I could finish them as mitts and wear them whenever my hands get cold. You can see the results.
 
The first mitt was made with dons, the second one is being knit on my 60" circular needles. As I'm now working on the teal and white section, I'm noticing that the color work is much easier when I only have to work the two sides and not four, however, I'm noticing that my floats are rather tight... hope that doesn't bite me in the end.
 
The plan for the moment is to enter them into one (or more) of the local fairs in the area. The color work certainly looks nice, but there will be plenty of technique issues to be critiqued.
 
Overall, I really like them, and they are very soft, warm, and pretty. Certainly something I will enjoy wearing. Any ribbons, commendations, or words of praise will just be extra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment